The Messersmith Law Firm, P.C.
Since 2002, the Messersmith Law Firm, P.C. has represented thousands of clients nationwide from countries all over the world. While we have had many difficult and challenging cases, we have had tremendous success with self sponsored green card applications which has drawn many, many foreign nationals to retain our firm.
Our office has handled thousands of green card related cases, primarily EB1 and NIW self sponsored cases. There have been many instances where foreign nationals decided to apply without representation or through other legal services that have later sought our help due to errors or appeal denied cases. While, we are happy to help these people obtain approvals, either through reopening a denied case or through an appeal, it can be more costly and time consuming than if we had been retained from the beginning.
In all of our cases, an attorney will handle your matter. Unlike other firms who employ multitudes of paralegals or law clerks, we guarantee that an attorney will handle your case from start to finish. We also take cases on a flat fee basis which means that you will know what the entire fee will be prior to retaining our firm. You will not be billed extra for consulting an attorney during the pendency of your case either by phone, email or in-person meetings.
At Messersmith Law, we hold these goals:
- Provide very best professional legal services;
- Treat each case as our own; and
- Obtain an approval for each case we take regardless the time and effort we need to make on your behalf.
Most cases we take are not not strong enough for an approval without significant work. This especially applies to NIW and EB1 cases. We get daily inquiries from prospective clients regarding their qualifications and if we can secure an EB1 and NIW approval for them. There are many misconceptions out there that we would like to address:
- You do not need to be a Nobel Prize winner in order to apply for an EB1
- First authorship is not a requirement. If you are 2nd/3rd/4th author on a paper, it is just as valuable.
- You do not need to hold a PhD in order to apply. We have successfully helped many PhD students with EB1 and NIW green cards
- An Advanced degree is not required for EB1. You can pursue an NIW with just a master's degree OR a bachelor's degree plus five years of experience.
- Publications and citations are not the only factor to determine your eligibility. We have many clients who have poor publication and citation counts but we were able to secure EB1 and NIW approvals for them using other accomplishments.
- Your degree can be different than the field you're working in. Our attorney is able to make connections between seemingly incongruent fields and secure EB1 or NIW approvals.
Once we look at your CV, we can determine your strengths and weaknesses. If you have a good case, we'll prepare it and make sure that your case is thorough and strong to give you the best chance for an approval. If you have a weak case, we'll help you build a strong case. This is why you're coming to us for help. For the last 12 years, we have helped countless clients who had weak cases build strong cases and obtain EB1 and NIW green cards. We're proud to say that we have an extreme high success rate for EB1 and NIW cases and the majority of our clients are from referrals.